I have a strong dedication to creative fields, having worked as an illustrator, photographer, video editor, industrial designer, graphic design artist, and front end website developer in the past. I have a strong technical skill set with extensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite. I have logged thousands of hours of photo and video editing in work through my Etsy shop, Mike’s Designs Co.
My dream job combines my creative and technical skills with social action.Get in touch
- Founded Red Bag non-profit for the homeless
- Shooting a documentary on the refugee crisis
- Working with colleges to open up political debate
- Focus on minimal, functional UX and design
- Extensive experience with print and digital workflows
- Hand drawn and digital art
- Built and maintained over a dozen websites
- Lead designer on a social iOS app
- Computer science student with Digital Media concentration
Photography and Video
- Photographer/videographer for several on-campus clubs
- Proficiency with photo and video editing software
- Versatile portfolio including landscape, portrait, and wedding photography
Strong technical and
I love the intersection of design with the humanities: combining creativity with technology. That’s why I’ve developed interests in mobile and web design, photography, video production, and animation.
I’m currently in Europe researching the refugee crisis to produce a documentary on how children have been affected.
This iPhone shot had a good composition but was clearly underexposed in some areas.
I took a little artistic liberty here to not only brighten the bluffs but add some clouds, which add to the drama of the landscape.
Check out reviews of some of my work on Etsy.com
Michael to the rescue again! I have come back to his shop multiple times for photoshop help, he does excellent work with my photos and is always so responsive/quick. I'll be back again, of course! Many thanks 🙂hopsonmhEtsy Customer
Michael was amazing! He followed me feedback to a T. The edits were turned around quickly and it turned out just how I had planned! He was able to take my Pintrest inspiration and turn it into the wedding invitation of my dreams!Geri AnnaEtsy Customer
Love the edit!!!! Everyone gave rave reviews about the pictures....Thanks so much!!!Kim AgnewEtsy Customer
“There is something
to learn from every
person you meet”
My favorite Uber driver once told me, “There are so many ways to be human.” I try to capture that thought and the spectrum of humanity in my life and work, documenting my experiences. Take a look at my blog and feel free to drop me a line.
Favorite blogs, artists, and podcasts
Humans of New York | Momentum | Coldplay | This American Life